Sample Projects » NYC Subway
Redesign the NYC Metrocard vending machine ticket purchasing interface to make the process easier for customers.
- Identify usability flaws in current design
- Simplify product selection and purchasing process
- Account for both city residents and visitors
METHODOLOGY + TOOLS + TIME FRAME
- General Assembly team challenge
- Work individually, then present to group
- 30 minutes
- Pen and paper
Design sketches, oral presentation.
After reviewing the vending machine interface, I identified the following areas for improvement:
- Same order process for new and return customers (tourists and residents)
- No easy way to correlate metrocard dollar value with the number of rides needed