Sample Projects » Crossbeat
MVP Platform Build
Content and product strategy, market analysis, user research and design for a new online platform for artists to showcase their work, learn about the art business and find jobs.
Primary target audience: 21+ working artists, designers, photographers and art students in the United States
Secondary target audience: companies who employ creative professionals and art consumers
Design and conduct user study to test validity of concept + create prioritized feature list for MVP
Product must appeal to both initial beta audience and additional user base at later roll-out stages
METHODOLOGY + TOOLS + TIME FRAME
- Sole researcher, strategist + lead designer
- 3 weeks for research (online surveys and interviews)
- 3 weeks for product strategy and design
- Post-its, index cards, sketches, join.me, Photoshop, Omnigraffle
Concept boards, research transcripts and analysis, product strategy, feature list, user journeys, user flows, wireframes, client presentation decks.
During the user survey analysis and brainstorming portions of the challenge, I identified the most important functions and biggest pain points for the majority of the users.
- Want to know which cafe, if any, are serving their favorite items without checking menus at each cafe daily
- Aren't always at their desks when hungry
- Don't want to walk 20 minutes to a cafe only to find long checkout lines and the desired menu item sold out
- Phone notifications about favorite menu items being served
- Walking directions from GPS location with live updates about amount of menu items available and wait times on checkout lines
- Live feeds from cafes showing how crowded they are